MR. BUTLER HOME SERVICES is committed to ensuring that personal information in its Information and Communications Systems are secured and protected pursuant to applicable laws.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://mrbutler.com.ph. We provide home maintenance services that include but are not limited to handyman services, cleaning services, AC Services, pest control services, and groundskeeping services.
Definition of terms
Data subject refers to an individual whose personal information is processed.
Information and Communications System refers to a system for generating, sending, receiving, storing, or otherwise processing electronic data messages or electronic documents and includes the computer system or other similar device by or which data is recorded, transmitted or stored and any procedure related to the recording, transmission or storage of electronic data, electronic message, or electronic document.
Personal Information refers to any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
Processing refers to any operation or any set of operations performed upon personal information including, but not limited to, the collection, recording, organization, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, consultation, use, consolidation, blocking erasure, or destruction of data.
Sensitive Personal Information refers to personal information:
- About an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical, or political affiliations;
- About an individual’s health, education, the genetic or sexual life of a person, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such person, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings;
- Issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but not limited to, social security numbers, previous or current health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns; and
- Specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified.
What personal data do we collect and why we collect it
When you sign up for, register, or fill up Mr. Butler’s contact forms, you voluntarily share your personal information including your name, email address, phone number, photos, property address, comments, and any other information you give us. You can also choose to share your precise location using your device settings or through photos. We will still use your IP address, which is used to approximate your location, even if you don’t choose to share your precise location. You will also have the option to share other information about yourself such as your gender, age, and preferred language.
If you connect your Facebook, Google(opens in a new window), or other third-party accounts to Mr. Butler, we use information from those accounts (such as your friends or contacts) to improve your experience with our website or system. This is dependent on the privacy policies or settings for those accounts.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
what do we do with your data
Processing of Personal Information
The processing of personal information shall be done in accordance with applicable laws and the principles of transparency, legitimate purpose, and proportionality.
Personal Information shall be:
- Collected for the use of Mr. Butler Home Services and its butlers
- Processed fairly and lawfully;
- Accurate, relevant, and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- Adequate and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and processed;
Retained only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which the data was obtained or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or for legitimate business purposes, or as provided by law; and
Kept in a form which permits identification of Data Subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data were collected and processed: Provided, That Personal Information collected for other purposes may lie processed for historical, statistical or scientific purposes, and in cases laid down in law may be stored for longer periods.
Sensitive Personal Information and Privileged Information
The processing of sensitive personal information and privileged information shall be done in the following cases:
The Data Subject has given his/her consent, specific to the purpose prior to the processing, or in the case of privileged information, all parties to the exchange have given their consent prior to processing;
The processing of the same is provided for by existing laws and regulations;
- The processing is necessary to protect the life and health of the data subject or another person, and the data subject is not legally or physically able to express his/her consent prior to the processing;
- The processing is necessary to achieve the lawful and noncommercial objectives of public organizations and their associations: Provided, That such processing is only confined and related to the bona fide members of these organizations or their associations: Provided, further, That the sensitive personal information are not transferred to third parties: Provided, finally, That consent of the Data Subject was obtained prior to processing;
- The processing is necessary for purposes of medical treatment, is carried out by a medical practitioner or a medical treatment institution, and an adequate level of protection of personal information is ensured; or
- The processing concerns such personal information as is necessary for the protection of lawful rights and interests of natural or legal persons in court proceedings, or the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, or when provided to government or public authority.
Who we share your data with
We don’t. And we will never share your data with any entity outside Mr. Butler Home Services.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights do you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.